Friday, October 19, 2018

Battle for the Samski Factory

My friend Sam hosted a Stalingrad scenario using the new City Fight rules at Outflank Games in Fairfield, 50 points per player.  Seven of us battled for the 'Samski' factory and the surrounding area on a double length board, and I had the honor of leading the assault on the big industrial complex.

The Factory, held solidly by Clive's Soviet Hero Strelkovy supported by ZIS-2 guns and HMGs.
Attacking from the outskirts would be Russ's traitorous British Rifles and Brian's Panzerkompanie.
My Grenadierkompanie would attack from the industrial side.
After a barrage from my off-board nebelwerfers knocked out the two ZIS guns, my infantry started to make their push for the factory.  
Grenadiers and Assault Pioniers prep for the assault, supported by StuGs and armored cars.
Defensive fire would keep my Grenadiers from assaulting the east side, but the Assault Pios break through on the south side.
Subsequent assaults would see both of my units make their way into the assembly area floor of the factory.
The Grenadiers would hold their position against the Soviet counterattacks, while my Pios made their way upstairs, knocking out several HMGs.
Soviet forces were down to a few stands and pulled back to the northwest room of the complex.  My troops push the attack.
Russ' British finally link up with my StuGs outside the factory after he took massive casualties after attempting assault the complex.
This was super fun and it was nice to team up with Russ for a change.  He brought the wrong army so was stuck helping out the Axis.  The Soviets inside the factory eventually surrendered, and on the other board a massive Soviet armored force was held up by some stubborn Italian defenders supported by Panzers, but enough of them got through that they were in a good position to retake the factory eventually.  Thanks for hosting this Sam!




4 comments:

  1. Seems really cool and that’s a good looking terrain/ factory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was nice to play a non-tounament game for a change.

      Delete
  2. Scenario games are always my fav. Looks like Sam puts on a good spread too. Good win Rich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out V4, two years later.

      Delete