Friday, February 15, 2019

Panther D Platoon

I painted up a pair of early model Panther Ds for my Mid War Nationals list.  I modeled them after the Pz.Abt. 51 Panthers attached to Großdeutchland at Kursk.  Not completely happy with the airbrush work, but I hadn't used mine in well over a year and I guess I'm out of practice.  Tanks are from PSC, crew from Battlefront.

These were new tanks also I kept the weathering to a minimum.
Nasty sink holes on the wood block stowage required me to cover them with other stuff, a water can on this one.
Decals from Peddinghaus, great stuff.
Drilled out the barrels and smoke candles.
I'll probably add some foliage to the front to cover the ugly camouflage.
I really like the PSC Panthers, first non-Battlefront tanks I've ever built.  The sink holes were a pain, and the turret won't rotate with hatches open, but nice models.




No comments:

Post a Comment