Sunday, July 19, 2015

Post-Historicon Mini Update

I'll only be able to do a short update today as I'm currently sitting at the airport in Washington DC waiting on my flight back home. Historicon was a blast, I had more fun in my nine games of Flames of War than I've had in a long time. I had some fantastic opponents all weekend. I came up short again in the Nationals painting competition but the winner was a fantastic Japanese Cavalry army. I promise to get some pictures of it up here soon. There were several other very deserving armies as well, most of them Japanese. My list was about as competitive as expected, which saw me playing at the bottom tables most of the weekend. 
The I-95 doubles event was also very fun, and I was able to find a partner at the last minute.
I also entered three items into the Wargames Illustrated Painting Challenge and two of them placed, earning Third Place in the FoW Platoon category, First Place in the FoW Objective category and Best Flames of War entry. My FlaK crew photo-op piece was the big winner against some very tough competition, and it came down to a final tie-breaking vote from one of the Battlefront reps. 
I'll get a full event report with pics posted once I'm home. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your success! Glad you had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! Well done Rich! Looking forward to the full post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on. Your dioramas were kickass, so it's nice to see you clenched the win. I'm intrigued by what your competition was.

    ReplyDelete