Monday, November 2, 2015

6MMRPC Week Twenty-Two: Japanese Tanks

My scatter-shot ways continue this week, as I was gently reminded that I forgot to paint up some tanks for my gaming compadre Hal.  In return for a battery of Italian 4.7cm guns I agreed to paint four Japanese tanks for him.  He gave me these ages ago but with the madness of life, they slipped my mind.  These are a pair of Type 97 Chi-Ha tanks and a pair of Type 97 Te-Ke tankettes, both from unknown manufacturers.  So far, I've only been able to put down an initial layer of dark yellow paint, but I hope to get these done as soon as possible.  These were beasts to clean up, mold lines all over flat surfaces and between rivets.

Maybe Command Decision?  They're all-metal and only the turrets were separate.  

1 comment:

  1. Command Decision would get my vote too. Nice to have the weight of an all metal tank, but the few CD tanks I've worked on have been a nightmare to clean up. So much so I sold them in the end.

    ReplyDelete