Tuesday, July 4, 2017

6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge- 2017 Edition

Back in 2015 I had the pleasure of participating on the Six Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge, and painted up a pretty fair amount of minis.  Last year there was a three-month version that I failed at completely, but I'm going to give it another go this year, though the first month I'll be prepping for a move back to California and I'm not sure what I'll be able to get worked on.  Rules are similar to previous years:

1. No purchasing of new miniatures, except if you use a Joker.  You get three Jokers to use on a miniature purchase.  Can be a blister pack, an eBay bundle, or a single figure.  The only exception is if you need to buy a single figure to complete a unit.  In addition, you can earn additional Jokers by completing an entire project, complete with starting, WIP, and final pictures.

2. Gifts do not count against you.  Holidays, birthdays, and gift cards given to you do not count against you.

3. Paint, terrain, and hobby supplies do not count against you.

4. At least one hobby-related blog or Instagram post a week.

5. Zombie-related stuff during October is encouraged. 

I'd like to finish a few partially built items for my Flames of War Fallschimjäger, get started in V4 Mid War Flames of War, and maybe get to some Star Wars Armada ships.  It might be really slow until I get moved next month, but I hope it picks up from there!

1 comment:

  1. Hrm... this is a good idea. I will think on it, but I could be joining you on this.

    ReplyDelete