Monday, August 28, 2017

6MMRPC Week Eight: HMG Bunker

So, I had a chance to work on those bunkers from last week a bit more and finished them as far as I can without an airbrush, which is packed in a box somewhere.  Once I get established in our new home, I can finish the gun turrets for the rest of them.
I started by leaving the gray primer color on all of the concrete area, then built up a few layers of varying grays by drybrush.  I then did any detail areas with Vallejo acrylics.  Once that was done, I used a few colors of acrylic wash from Secret Weapon and then did the ground area with washes and dry pigments before adding some static grass and tufts.
I get to count the single finished bunker towards my mountain reduction, but I'll consider the rest almost done.

Rear area with MG port and enfilade walls.
Forward area with MG port.
The two large bases can fit Panther, Panzer IV, T-34, or P-40 turrets, the smaller can fit Panzer II, or several french designs.  The large bunker is for a 5cm KwK gun.
I probably won't have much else to show for a few weeks, almost time to leave Tatooine!



2 comments:

  1. Looks great Rich and I hope V4 makes bunkers a pain in the rump to deal with like they were in V3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm worried if I'll even be able to use them once they redo V4 Late War! With all of the emphasis on attacking and mobility and the rewritten lists, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get rid of fortified lists completely. Oh well.

      Delete