Monday, August 7, 2017

6MMRPC Week Five: Passing Along the Hobby

This was supposed to be the week that I packed up all of my hobby stuff and moved back to California, but we're still waiting on some things for the new house.  That said, my packing was basically done and I didn't really have anything to work on!  I did manage to get a few partially assembled projects primed and put a little bit of paint on a few stands of infantry for a Late War Führer Begleit Brigade list, and helped my seven-year old build his first model, a Zvezda snap-together King from the Pixar Cars movie.  He really loved putting it together and applying the stickers, while I trimmed all of the parts off of the sprue for him.  I remember building my first model when I was about his age and he can't wait for another go at modeling.

Otto-Ernst Remer is an option for the Führer Begleit lists, I updated the Mid War figure by swapping the head and replacing the PPsH with a panzerfaust.  I also started on a command team and an observer.  The figures are a mix of Volksgrenadiers and Begleit.
So far, I've got primer on some Panzer IV/70As, Panzer IV Js, SdKfz 231s, a platoon of armored infantry, some Nebelwerfer crew, and Remer.
Always read the instructions before starting!
The King, all finished and stickered!




2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you got your boy on the first step down the hobby path. My first models were WW2 Airfix aeroplanes that I put together with my Grandfather around your son’s age – definitely some of my favourite childhood memories.

    Cool to see you working on a late war army. Unusual too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nolan asked me today when he could build his next model so we just bought a snap-together Ferrari with the last of his birthday money. He's excited to get started on it.

      I started building that army last year but never got very far with it. Now with V4 I wonder if it'll even be playable, but whatever. Dumpy assault guns and armored infantry will look cool when I finish it!

      Delete