Monday, May 7, 2018

6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge- 2018 Edition


Since 2015 I've participated in the Six Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge, but honestly haven't been able to make much of a dent in the miniature pile the last two years.  I'm hoping that a new interest in Bolt Action and coming home to my regular gaming crowd will help with the motivation to put paint to little army men.  Rules are similar to previous years:

1. No purchasing of new miniatures, except if you use a Joker.  You get three Jokers to use on a miniature purchase.  Can be a blister pack, an eBay bundle, or a single figure.  The only exception is if you need to buy a single figure to complete a unit.  In addition, you can earn additional Jokers by completing an entire project, complete with starting, WIP, and final pictures.

2. Gifts do not count against you.  Holidays, birthdays, and gift cards given to you do not count against you.

3. Paint, terrain, and hobby supplies do not count against you.

4. At least one hobby-related blog or Instagram post a week.

5. Zombie-related stuff during October is encouraged. 

I've been playing Armada pretty regularly now that my friend Kevin has purchased a sizable Imperial fleet, and also have a new Imperial Japanese Army force to put together for Bolt Action. (Thanks Dai!)  I've also a few platoons to paint for my Kublacon Flames of War event later this month, and hopefully a few other things in the works.

2 comments:

  1. Think I'll be joining you on this 6MMRPC. There's been too much buying and precious little painting in my hobby space. -__-

    Looking forward to seeing those Japanese! (And destroying them!:P)

    ReplyDelete