Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The Destruction of Phoenix Group

I got to play my first full-scale game of Star Wars Armada a few nights ago and met up one again with my friend Kevin.  I decided to put together a themed Rebel force, Phoenix Group from Rebels.
My fleet consisted of:

Pelta-class Command Ship
    -Phoenix Home
    -Commander Sato
    -Flight Commander
    -Shields to Maximum!
CR90a Corvette
CR90a Corvette
CR90b Corvette
    -Jaina's Light
    -Toryn Farr
    -High-Capacity Ion Turbines
Hammerhead-class Torpedo Corvette
    -Assault Proton Torpedoes
Hammerhead-class Torpedo Corvette
    -Assault Proton Torpedoes
Hera Syndulla (VCX-100)
A-wing Squadron
A-wing Squadron
Y-wing Squadron
Y-wing Squadron

Kevin had an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, Arquitens-class Light Cruiser, two Raider-class Corvettes, several squadrons of TIE Defenders, a pair of TIE Interceptor squadrons, and even more squadrons of TIE Fighters.  We didn't play a scenario.

My corvettes and A-wings move to engage Kevin's TIE swarm.
A pair of CR90s have battered Kevin's Raider, but it holds fast.  So far the A-wings ae holding their own against superior numbers.
With the fighters all engaged, my corvettes have a three-to-one advantage against Kevin's light cruiser, but it would be short-lived.
The Star Destroyer quickly makes it's presence felt, driving right through the heart of my fleet, and quickly turns the tide of the battle to the Imperial side.
Once that Star Destroyer got into range it was all over.  It quickly dispatched two of my corvettes and my command ship, while the TIE's numerical superiority won the fighter battle.  Two CR90s, a Hammerhead, and a single squadron of Y-wings would escape the Imperial Fleet, while only a few squadrons of TIEs would be lost by the Empire.





4 comments:

  1. Reb's need to keep moving with their more nimble ships to get in rear arcs, tagteaming with fighters making bombing runs on those lumbering capitol ships. Not easy, but my Imps have been beaten plenty of times by annoying light fleets in this fashion.

    You have quite the collection now though mate. Liberties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a brutal first lesson in how nasty an ISD can be, for sure. I bought half of Riha's collection when he decided to get into Legion, next time I'll be bringing some larger Mon Cal cruisers.

      Delete
  2. I only played 3 games of Armada and this post just described every game: IMPs get close and blow everything up. 😀

    ReplyDelete