Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Sd. Kfz. 250 Halftracks

I repainted four Sd. Kfz. 250 halftracks for a Gepanzerte Aufklärungs force that I wanted to take to LVO but time didn't allow for it.  These used to belong to my old Afrika Korps troops and I stripped the paint off and got the airbrush out for the Kursk front.  The 250 isn't officially in V4, but they'll sub for the 251 which is basically the same except larger.

Command halftrack with 3.7cm PaK36.  I tried to keep the weathering light on these.
All old Battlefront resin and metal.  This was a Rommel 'Greif' model but I removed the antennae.
This unit all seemed to make the same modification by adding fuel cans along the fenders on all of their halftracks. 
Großdeuthland's recon troops were originally from their motorcycle unit and kept the tactical symbols even after becoming an armored unit.
I couldn't get all of the primer off of this one so it became a chipped front end.
So tiny! It was a trick getting any crew in at all.
Hopefully I still get a chance to use these in a game now that their done.
Uneven front wheels have always plagued Battlefront's halftracks.  Now with drifting action!


No comments:

Post a Comment