Thursday, March 7, 2019

Sd. Kfz. 250/7 8cm Mortars

The last unit for my Großdeutchland Aufklärungs force is a pair of 8cm mortar-armed Sd Kfz 250/7 halftracks.  Each company had two of these as part of its heavy weapons platoon.  I've always been jealous of the US version of these little guys, so now I have some of my own!

(I noticed while putting these up that I forgot the unit mascot, now added!)

I used some spare 8cm mortars and replaced the ones that came with the halftracks.  They were super small and the baseplate was chipped on one of my examples.  Models by Battlefront.
New baseplate and I made a tarpaulin for the back out of heavy tissue paper.
Second vehicle with a headswap and slight change to the gunner's pose.
I kept the weathering light on these as well.
Still drifting!
That's it for the GD boys for awhile, next up are some long-overdue PaK40s for my Fallschirmjäger!



No comments:

Post a Comment